Access into / out of FAS from Aug 21st till the 29th will be altered.
- Runway 12/30 will also be closed.
- There will be barriers/gates up across Hotel and Bravo.
Operations can still happen at FAS during that time period. However, the aircraft will have to arr/dep from Rwy 08/26 and taxi in via Bravo. Air Show personnel are to be available to open/close the gates for aircraft to access FAS. This will be coordinated between Tower and Air Show personnel. But there may be some delays in getting these barriers opened up so pilots should be warned to expect some delays on taxi. Additionally pilots should anticipate doing run ups on a taxiway/ramp closer to runway 26 vice just outside of FAS.
On the day of the Air Shows (Sat & Sun) all fly in aircraft must be down and taxied in by 09:30 Local. The NOTAM restricting the airspace will be coming out about a week prior to the show. The airspace will become sterile at that point and no one will be permitted in or out. The timings for the NOTAM are below, but note that should the displays end early enough, and the crowds dispersed enough, earlier departures might be able to be conducted.
AUG 25 1300z - 2359z
AUG 26 1230z - 2200z
AUG 27 1230z - 2200z
For the Air Show Atlantic Fly In page see www.airshowatlantic.ca
Anyone wishing to attend the Air Show as a Fly-In Aircraft may do so only with permission of the Air Show Atlantic Air Operations Director. There are several guidelines that we must insist be adhered to and then we may grant permission to be on-site for Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday of the Air Show week:
- Aircraft must be on the ground and at the Air Show entry area on Bravo Taxiway by 0930 local either day of the Show.
- No arrivals will be permitted on Friday August 25
- There will be refueling available on-site, but Air Show operational needs will be considered highest priority. This will be especially enforced between 1700 and 1830 local.
- Arrival dates and times must be coordinated by the Air Operations Staff and agreed to by the participant aircraft
- No Customs and Immigration services are available at the Greenwood Airport. If you are flying from outisde of Canada, your aircraft must clear Canadian Customs and Immigration elsewhere before arriving in Greenwood.
- Limited aircraft parking and tie-downs in designated areas will be available. Parking will be inside the Freedom Aviation enclosure with some overflow immediately outside the FAS gate. Aircraft will be monitored through the Day by Annapolis Valley Flying Association personnel to keep the public from accessing the Aircraft.
- Be sure to read the NOTAM when it comes out for the week of the Show. It will be issued at least 7 days before the Show dates and a link to it can be seen here (use CYZX as the aerodrome)
- Admission to the Air Show is by paid admission. You may get information about purchasing tickets in advance online by clicking here and is highly recommended. No viewing of the Air Show will be available from your aircraft parking area, but you will be directed to the admission gate upon arrival.
- You will not be allowed back to your aircraft after it is parked and secured until after flying is complete for that day, This is expected to be between 1630 and 1700 local. After this time, access to your aircraft may be requested through the Hosting Centre and AVFA staff.
To request a fly in experience to the Air Show,
If we haven't scared you off...
Please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org